Thursday, July 28, 2011

Beauty is the eye of the Beholder?

     Welcome to my new blog. I beg to differ with the title. Yes, beauty is different to everyone. But, if beauty is only defined as the outside appearance than the world has gotten off on completely the wrong foot!
                                                 Exhibit A; A picture of myself
                                           
                                               What can you tell about me from this picture? Maybe that I was at a restauraunt. Could you tell me about my divine worth from seeing this photo if you didn't know me?
Some people could, like perhaps the current Prophet of my Religion.
Could you guess what my hobbies or talents were from this photo? What kinds of things I like to do?
Most likely not, other than eating good food which is a given.

The point I'm trying to make here is that images in the mainstream media are most likely altered by photoshop and airbrushing and that they are completely fake. And also, you can not tell what a person really is like from a picture, unless the picture tells a well told story.

Most people can not tell what kind a person I am or what kind of friend I am from this picture. So, why do we judge others by appearances? Should we be doing that? Well, yes and no. Of course, I wouldn't want a person with a gun around me or my child or family; or someone who appears to be dangerous around me. We need to judge others sometimes for safety. Although, beyond that the true judge is Heavenly Father, also known as God.

This post is food for thought. Try to change the way you look at yourself, your reflection and other's appearances. True beauty and worth lies on the inside and not only on the outside. This does not mean however, you shouldn't take care of yourself hygienically of course. But there is so much more to a person's individual worth, heart and soul than the way they look.


Chelsea Merkley July 28, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment